How to Become a Great Employer
According to Daniel Kasmir of Manpower EMEA, "For most enterprises today, no market is more competitive than the market for employees. The fast changing business world combined with external demographic trends will make being a Great Employer even more important over the coming decade" (Kasmir, 2007).
During a 12 month period, Manpower and its partners conducted qualitative industry research to determine how employees want to work in the future. They also looked at the positive impacts of being a Great Employer on such things as staff motivation, engagement, commitment, and profitability.
Here is a summary of the findings on how to become a Great Employer:
A Great Employer will understand and anticipate the future and prepare to attract, retain and motivate excellent employees to deliver customer satisfaction. To accomplish this, A Great Employer will:
- Develop excellent leaders at all levels, especially at middle management
- Engender trust by open, honest and transparent behaviour consistently demonstrated
- Genuinely involve staff in decision-making and provide continuous feedback
- Ensure communities of employees to create a sense of belonging
- Allow for social interactions in the workplace as long as targets are delivered
- Connect the HR strategy to a clear, prioritised, long-term business plan
- Provide efficient HR processes, accommodating diverse and changing requirements
- Treat all those who can impact the customer experience as if they are employees
- Give high priority to understanding and meeting customer needs
- Choose collaborating partners with care to preserve company values and reputation
To review the complete report, visit www.manpower.com or contact the Institute for Organizational Leadership for details on how to improve your existing work culture.